- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Guy Fieri Is 'Genocidal,' According to Wikipedia
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- FBI Subpoenas Texts from Subway Guy Jared Fogle
- Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
Guy Fieri: TV personality, chef, restaurateur… "genocidal member of the U.S. Supreme Court"?
It appears as if the modern-day equivalent of a vandal decided to edit Fieri’s Wikipedia page, and now when you type his name into Google, the second item that comes up is a link to it, with the text, "Guy Fieri is a television personality working for Food Network, or rather, he was before he became a genocidal member of the U.S. Supreme Court; unfortunately..." visible. When you click on the actual link, the unauthorized addition goes away, but it still appears in the cached version.
Celebrities, especially ones as infamous as Fieri, are no stranger to Wikipedia-bashing, and the online encyclopedia has a whole fleet of "scrubbers" who make sure that unwarranted, unsavory additions to personal pages are taken down quickly, and they generally are (that’s the risk inherent in running a site that anyone can edit). But in this case, it looks like Google’s crawlers happened to come along at a hilariously unfortunate time.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts