- Todd English born (1960)
Guy Fieri Is 'Genocidal,' According to Wikipedia
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
Guy Fieri: TV personality, chef, restaurateur… "genocidal member of the U.S. Supreme Court"?
It appears as if the modern-day equivalent of a vandal decided to edit Fieri’s Wikipedia page, and now when you type his name into Google, the second item that comes up is a link to it, with the text, "Guy Fieri is a television personality working for Food Network, or rather, he was before he became a genocidal member of the U.S. Supreme Court; unfortunately..." visible. When you click on the actual link, the unauthorized addition goes away, but it still appears in the cached version.
Celebrities, especially ones as infamous as Fieri, are no stranger to Wikipedia-bashing, and the online encyclopedia has a whole fleet of "scrubbers" who make sure that unwarranted, unsavory additions to personal pages are taken down quickly, and they generally are (that’s the risk inherent in running a site that anyone can edit). But in this case, it looks like Google’s crawlers happened to come along at a hilariously unfortunate time.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts