Gorgonzola-Stuffed Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of dill
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Olive oil
- 4 whole wheat ciabatta buns, toasted
- Strawberry Pesto Recipe
- Pear, Spinach & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Kale, Avocado, and Ricotta Pie Recipe
- Watermelon with Mint and Feta Recipe
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Chorizo and Poblano Tacos Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
- Grilled Brie and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
- Greek Lamb and Orzo Recipe
My roommate Mike makes a mean turkey burger. He adapted this from his mom's famous meatloaf and graciously shared the recipe with me (perhaps it had something to do with my ongoing pleas to have him cook it for me).
I've since made some adjustments and additions, but the basic concept remains the same — a lighter, juicier take on a classic burger and stuffed with gooey gorgonzola. I like to serve this with balsamic-soaked tomatoes on a toasted ciabatta roll.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, shallots, spices, dill, Worcestershire, and crumbled gorgonzola. Use your hands to gently break apart the meat and mix all the of ingredients (I mean, really get in there).
Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and shape each one into a ¾-inch-thick patty with a thumb-sized dent in the middle (as the meat cooks it will contract, so the dent helps to keep it in a patty-shape). Store in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Heat enough olive oil to cover the pan in a large nonstick skillet over a medium flame. Remove the chilled patties from the fridge and place in the oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until done to desired temperature and serve on the toasted ciabatta buns.
Calories per serving:319 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Carb Sugar Conscious, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free