- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Gluten-Free People Don't Know What Gluten Is
JimmyKimmelLiveFind out what gluten is before cutting it out of your diet.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
- TGI Fridays Makes All Hours Happy Hour
Would you cut something out of your diet without actually knowing what it is? Well, Jimmy Kimmel decided to conduct an experiment to see if health-conscious gluten-free eaters actually knew what they were avoiding. His suspicions were hilariously confirmed in this clip.
In case you were wondering, gluten is comprised of two different proteins, gliadin and glutenin. It is found in the endosperm of wheat and affects the elasticity of dough, which then affects the finished texture of wheat products (explaining why pizza dough is chewy and delicious).
Now that you have the knowledge, check out this video clip and see if others do too.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts