- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Gluten-Free People Don't Know What Gluten Is
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Environmentalist Eats Squirrel During News Segment on Meat Ethics
- Agricultural Agency Sued for Routinely Withholding Information on GMO Crops
- Farmers Turn to Hornet-Eating Plant to Save the Bees
- Whole Foods Admits That Its Bizarre $6 Asparagus Water Was a Mistake
- Blogger Spotlight: A Mind ‘Full’ Mom
Would you cut something out of your diet without actually knowing what it is? Well, Jimmy Kimmel decided to conduct an experiment to see if health-conscious gluten-free eaters actually knew what they were avoiding. His suspicions were hilariously confirmed in this clip.
In case you were wondering, gluten is comprised of two different proteins, gliadin and glutenin. It is found in the endosperm of wheat and affects the elasticity of dough, which then affects the finished texture of wheat products (explaining why pizza dough is chewy and delicious).
Now that you have the knowledge, check out this video clip and see if others do too.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts