Georgia Woman Discovers Giant 7-Foot KFC Bucket in Yard
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Something irrational inside us really wants a 7-foot Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket to showcase as a trophy on our front lawn (or like, surround with garden gnomes), but a Georgia resident is living the dream.
NBC affiliate WAGT reported on this mysterious KFC bucket that somehow popped up in front of Aleena Headrick’s house. "I was driving by, I saw this giant Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in my yard, and I thought for sure I was hallucinating," Headrick told WAGT, "so I called my teenagers who were at home and had them go outside." Sitting on her lawn: A giant, empty (unfortunately) bucket with Kentucky Fried Chicken’s logo.
Turns out, Headrick’s landlord actually collects old signs, so he decided to buy the bucket and place it in front of the property. The sign, which says KFC’s full name, is about 40 years old, her landlord says, and he plans to display it permanently there. Luckily, Headrick doesn’t mind.
"It's unusual, but it makes really good landmarks when people come to our house," Headrick said. "You can just say come down to the giant KFC bucket and turn right." Except now, we imagine, she’ll crave fried chicken every time she leaves home. We know we would.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts