- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Georgia Woman Discovers Giant 7-Foot KFC Bucket in Yard
YouTube/worldnewspaper2013This mysterious 7-foot-tall KFC bucket appeared in Georgia.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The 9 Most Memorable Crimes That Happened at Fast Food Restaurants
- Per Se Owes Workers $500,000 in Unpaid Service Charges, Says New York Attorney General
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, ‘Where a Kid Can Be a Kid,’ Hires Creative Agency to Help Attract More Adults
- Bakery That Refused Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Ordered to Pay Damages
- Black Seed Launches New Chef-Designed Bagels for Summer
Something irrational inside us really wants a 7-foot Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket to showcase as a trophy on our front lawn (or like, surround with garden gnomes), but a Georgia resident is living the dream.
NBC affiliate WAGT reported on this mysterious KFC bucket that somehow popped up in front of Aleena Headrick’s house. "I was driving by, I saw this giant Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in my yard, and I thought for sure I was hallucinating," Headrick told WAGT, "so I called my teenagers who were at home and had them go outside." Sitting on her lawn: A giant, empty (unfortunately) bucket with Kentucky Fried Chicken’s logo.
Turns out, Headrick’s landlord actually collects old signs, so he decided to buy the bucket and place it in front of the property. The sign, which says KFC’s full name, is about 40 years old, her landlord says, and he plans to display it permanently there. Luckily, Headrick doesn’t mind.
"It's unusual, but it makes really good landmarks when people come to our house," Headrick said. "You can just say come down to the giant KFC bucket and turn right." Except now, we imagine, she’ll crave fried chicken every time she leaves home. We know we would.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts