- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Garlic Scape Confit
Ramsi's Café on the World
- 5 stalks garlic scapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and cloves separated
- 3 sprigs thyme or other herbs
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Grilled bread, for serving
This garlic scape confit can be drizzled on salads, or do as I do — put some on your fried egg in the morning. Another option is to toss artichokes and lime zest with this garlicky dressing, or try serving it simply on some crispy bread.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
In a 1-inch-deep baking dish, combine the garlic scapes and peeled garlic cloves with the thyme or other herbs of your choice. Add enough extra-virgin olive oil to cover. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the garlic cloves have softened, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve with grilled bread. To store, discard the scapes and thyme and store the cloves with oil in an airtight container.