Future of 'Top Chef Just Desserts' Up in the Air
Recipe of the day
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
- Here’s a Chrome Extension That Adds Guy Fieri to Everything You Look at on the Internet
Top Chef might just be starting its 10th season on Wednesday, but rumor has it that little sis Top Chef Just Desserts might be over.
Eater points out that Variety, hidden in a piece about Top Chef's success, reports "Just Desserts' was canceled after the detail-oriented nature of the subject proved too challenging."
While Variety may have jumped to conclusions, it doesn't seem like they're far off. "Nothing official has been decided," a representative told Eater. "Although, no plans right now to return, but not over till it's really over..."
Meanwhile, Just Desserts host Gail Simmons also hasn't heard word about a cancelation, or a renewal. "I haven't heard word about another season from the network, but haven't heard it's over either. I guess its still up in the air," Simmons wrote to The Daily Meal.
On the bright side, Simmons spilled to the Washingtonian recently that we can expect more shows "in the Top Chef brand," meaning plenty more Top Chef spinoffs similar to Life After Top Chef and Top Chef Masters. Reality competitive cooking shows are never going to die, are they? It's all starting to feel a little like Die Hard.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts