Foursquare Adds 8 Foodie Cities Badges
Recipe of the day
- In New York City, You Can Eat Garbage in a Pavilion Made of Garbage
- Where to Eat Soup Dumplings in Boston
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, Calif.: Artisan
- Eating off the Beaten Path in Harlem With Chef Marcus Samuelsson
- Commercial Styrofoam Products Banned From New York City as of July 1
If you're heading abroad, better start downloading Foursquare fast. The geo-social app has added eight more city badges to its long list, making your summer travels a lot more adventurous.
The newest cities on the list: Rio de Janeiro, Bangkok, Jakarta, Doha, Santiago, Mexico City, and two U.S. destinations, St. Paul and Minneapolis. Check into five of the recommended hot spots listed under each city, and boom — you've got your badge. (How many does it take to become a mayor, we wonder?)
Jaunted has some secret information how to unlock the badges, but after exploring each list, we know what bars and restaurants we'd want to check into while traveling. How about Vertigo in Bangkok, Hacienda de los Morales in Mexico City, and Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream Cafe in Minneapolis? Have fun checking in this summer and dig in.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts