- Labor Day
'Food Truck Handbook' Shares Insider Knowledge
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
Out today, The Food Truck Handbook gives food truck wannabes tips on how to create a successful food truck. And there's really no one better to learn from: Weber is the president of the New York City Food Truck Association, and his mini-empire of Rickshaw Dumpling Bar has been a staple in NYC's food truck culture.
So what advice does a food truck pro give to those wanting to give a food truck a spin? The book, according to the publishers' web site, gives advice on locations, opening and closing checklists, business plan tips, and do's and don'ts to avoid common mistakes. The New York Times reports that it's an accurate portrayal into the life of a food truck operator — a life that's full of curveballs and challenges. Weber has had to make repairs on the truck on the fly, and even rescue a truck from the Williamsburg Bridge in the middle of the night. But the reward, Weber says, is great; a food truck has a chance to "create a neighborhood" with the right business techniques.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts