Food Network Gets 10 Daytime Emmy Nominations, Cooking Channel Gets 2
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
Just in case you're ever home on a weekday and you're surfing the channels, the Daytime Emmys have some recommendations for your food-loving soul.
This year, Food Network received 10 Daytime Emmy nominations, while Cooking Channel received two.
For Outstanding Culinary Programs alone, Food Network took four of the five nominations, with Best Thing I Ever Made, Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction, Giada at Home, and Trisha's Southern Kitchen. The one syndicated show? Recipe Rehab.
Of course, the big winner might not be Food Network (they win simply because of the sheer size of their operation), but Giada De Laurentiis, whose program has four Daytime Emmy nominations. In addition to Outstanding Culinary Program, Giada at Home is nominated for the special Giada at Home: The Royal Treatment, Outstanding Directing in a Lifestyle/Culinary/Travel Program, as well as Outstanding Culinary Host.
Culinary hosts up against De Laurentiis include Lidia Bastianich, Ina Garten, Ching-He Huang, Nathan Lyon, and Kelsey Nixon. Sandra's Restaurant Remakes and Sara's Weeknight Meals also got nods, while Rachael Ray and Dr. Mehmet Oz are going head to head with Anderson Cooper (and others) for Outstanding Talk Show Host.
Even more interesting? Tom Colicchio's web series HOOKED UP with Tom Colicchio is nominated for Outstanding Lifestyle Program against The Martha Stewart Show. And to kick it all off, Sesame Street's song "Queen of Nacho Pichu" is nominated for Outstanding Original Song. Sing along here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts