Food Network Gets 10 Daytime Emmy Nominations, Cooking Channel Gets 2
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Just in case you're ever home on a weekday and you're surfing the channels, the Daytime Emmys have some recommendations for your food-loving soul.
This year, Food Network received 10 Daytime Emmy nominations, while Cooking Channel received two.
For Outstanding Culinary Programs alone, Food Network took four of the five nominations, with Best Thing I Ever Made, Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction, Giada at Home, and Trisha's Southern Kitchen. The one syndicated show? Recipe Rehab.
Of course, the big winner might not be Food Network (they win simply because of the sheer size of their operation), but Giada De Laurentiis, whose program has four Daytime Emmy nominations. In addition to Outstanding Culinary Program, Giada at Home is nominated for the special Giada at Home: The Royal Treatment, Outstanding Directing in a Lifestyle/Culinary/Travel Program, as well as Outstanding Culinary Host.
Culinary hosts up against De Laurentiis include Lidia Bastianich, Ina Garten, Ching-He Huang, Nathan Lyon, and Kelsey Nixon. Sandra's Restaurant Remakes and Sara's Weeknight Meals also got nods, while Rachael Ray and Dr. Mehmet Oz are going head to head with Anderson Cooper (and others) for Outstanding Talk Show Host.
Even more interesting? Tom Colicchio's web series HOOKED UP with Tom Colicchio is nominated for Outstanding Lifestyle Program against The Martha Stewart Show. And to kick it all off, Sesame Street's song "Queen of Nacho Pichu" is nominated for Outstanding Original Song. Sing along here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts