Commercial Food Icons on Twitter
Today on The Daily Meal
- Most Iconic Athlete Food and Drink Commercials
- The 11 Most Iconic Food Product Commercials of All Time
- Tips for Food Bloggers From #TECHmunch Tweeters
- Celebrity Fast Food Commercials — Before They Were Famous
- Weekly Media Mix: Eating Candy May Keep You Slimmer; Riskiest Restaurant Stocks; and Corn Prices Plummet
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
You've been regaled by the most followed food critics on Twitter, noted with interest the Twittersphere's most-followed chefs, and intrigued by the antics of food personality mash-up Ruth Bourdain. But food personality as constant commentator doesn't stop with official, or satirical Twitter accounts. Advertisers and companies' classic food characters have also gotten into the act. That's right, the Jolly Green Giant is on Twitter. So is the Chicken of the Sea mermaid, and the Trix rabbit.
Some have multiple accounts and say things that make you doubt their official nature (would the real Trix rabbit truly be tweeting about Captain Kirk's extracurricular exploits?) Others are no doubt real, if shameful and often banal marketing ploys. But there are more of your favorite commercial food icons out there than you would have thought. Who? Find out below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts