15 Most Followed Chefs on Twitter
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
These days, it's not enough to have a great restaurant with innovative dishes and good service, or to have parlayed a restaurant into a successful career as a celebrity chef on television. It's not necessarily even enough for a chef to have a blog. If you're not in social media — if you're not on Twitter — you're not in the game.
For some chefs, sharing new dishes, recipes, latest meals, and comments about everything from social activism to competitive cooking shows in 140 characters or less is a natural extension of giving concise direction in the kitchen and glad-handing customers. For example, Jamie Oliver has more than a million followers and 4,000 tweets. For others, Twitter might not seem a natural medium, but notoriety is enough to still draw thousands. Alice Waters had yet to tweet as of this article, but just days after joining Twitter she still had more than 2,400 followers. Then again, you don't necessarily need to tweet that much for people to hang on your every word. Guy Fieri has only tweeted about 460 times, but still has more than 225,000 followers.
So, who are the most followed chefs on Twitter? With new people joining Twitter every day it's a fluid, dynamic game — this is a look at 15 of them. Does Anthony Bourdain have enough followers to edge out Tyler Florence? Who has more followers: Giada or Bobby Flay? View the slideshow to find out. Is one of your favorite, most-followed chefs is missing? Comment below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts