First 'Mutzfest' Coming to Hoboken, New Jersey, January 20
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Hoboken, N.J., is a city that’s famous for many reasons. Its waterfront offers some of the best views of New York City, it’s the birthplace of Frank Sinatra (and baseball), the Cake Boss is there, and Washington Street is one of the most charming you’ll find. But there’s also one particular food item that’s put it on the map: fresh mozzarella.
From braided beauties sliced and piled atop a roast beef sandwich at Fiore’s to still-warm globes of milky goodness at Vito’s, Hoboken arguably has the finest fresh mozzarella per square mile anywhere on earth (except maybe Italy). And on Jan. 20, five of those producers — Vito’s, Biancamano, Fran’s Deli, Lisa’s Deli, and Losurdo Brothers Bakery — will be competing for top honors in the city’s inaugural Mutzfest.
From 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on that day, in the Elks Club, attendees will have the opportunity to sample the "mutz" from all the participants and vote for their favorite, watch live demonstrations of it being handmade, and also enjoy some desserts, wine, and beer. The Daily Meal’s own executive editor Arthur Bovino will be on hand to judge, so you can be assured the final vote will be fair and balanced.
Tickets cost only $10 (and are free for kids 10 and under), and proceeds will go toward the Hoboken Family Alliance and the Rebuild Hoboken Fund. They can be purchased at participating delis or at mutzfest.com.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts