- Taco Day
Fine Dining Above the Santa Monica Sands at One Pico
Shutters on the Beach
Shutters on the Beach
Recipe of the day
- New York City’s First Chick-fil-A Will Be Giving Away Free Chicken for a Year
- Big Apple Restaurants and Breweries Create Custom Bites and Brews for New York Super Week and 10th New York Comic Con
- Join New York City’s Biggest Pizza Party and Support Hunger Relief with $1 Slices All Night on October 7
- New York’s 2016 Michelin Stars Announced, Danny Meyer’s The Modern Awarded 2 Stars
- Teen Chef Prodigy Flynn McGarry’s Restaurant Panned by New York Post Critic
One Pico is one of two signature restaurants within the luxurious Shutters on the Beach hotel in Santa Monica. Overlooking the famed beach, One Pico at Shutters boasts a market-fresh menu, continually up to date with the season, while utilizing the best available products. Savvy business stayers and A-listers travel to this comfortably chic and intimate hotel that has dedicated one of its dining rooms to being one of Santa Monica’s most sought out places to dine.
If you should decide to visit, we've got the inside scoop on the menu. Dig into one of their starting plates, including tuna tartare with castelvetrano olives, pine nuts, and ancho chile on a whole wheat lavash bread. Order some of their popular items like the grilled octopus or Maine lobster “BLT” on brioche bread toped with avocado, smoked bacon, and market greens.
“It’s great to be a chef in Santa Monica, I go to the farmers’ markets daily,” Managing chef Sven Mede told us. Mede is known to bring a passion for hyper-seasonal cooking to his work, making sure he has the freshest locally and regionally sourced ingredients. “I love the simplicity of a beautiful piece of fish with vegetables I just picked up at the market,” he added.
Set on a prime seaside stretch of Southern California, the striking sights across the iconic boardwalk and out into the Pacific Ocean have charmed One Pico guests who are looking for the very best seaside restaurant experience. The 85-seat restaurant is open for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Dining at the beach can’t get better then Shutters.
This post was originally published on August 20, 2013.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts