Find Local Healthy Food with Green Hopping App
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
We have apps telling us where the nearest Starbucks, cheap bar, or latest pop-up truck stop is parked. But what about an app that helps us encourage a healthy lifestyle? Catherine Cuello went about making vegan, vegetarian, or even just organic and natural lifestyles a little bit easier by creating the Green Hopping App, which helps you find the nearest juice bars, vegan, vegetarian, and raw restaurants and retailers.
“Green juices are trendy not only because they’re a hot topic right now, but because people can feel the difference in their body,” said Cuello. “It’s not about cleansing, it’s about balancing it out and having some every day or on a weekly basis. Our mission is to raise awareness in all communities, and make parents and children think twice about what they eat.”
The app launched in New York City a couple of months ago and will be launching in Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Austin, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Rio de Janeiro, Paris, and London this summer. Cuello is also working on a part of the app that will let you purchase your kale smoothies, soy products, and more via the app itself.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts