Finally, the 'Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails' Is Coming
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Santa is granting all of our Christmas wishes with this news: following the end-all, be-all guide to beer, the Oxford Companion to Beer, new reports say that the Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails will also be coming out.
Eater reports that cocktail guru (and one of our Most Powerful People in Drink) David Wondrich will be editing the Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails. Wondrich, who's had success with his earlier cocktail books, Imbibe! and Punch, and monthly columns in Esquire, seems like the only man for the job. (The Oxford Companion to Beer was edited by beer connoisseur and brewer, Garret Olivier from the Brooklyn Brewery.)
Only one slight problem, Santa: there's no release date just yet. Still, this is one book we'll have on our Christmas wish list for years to come. Meanwhile, you can get the scoop on cocktails and their origins from Wondrich here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts