- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Ferrero Cooperates with World Nutella Day Founder
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
After quite the scare on Tuesday, when Nutella father company Ferrero sent a cease-and-desist letter to Sara Rosso, founder of World Nutella Day, Ferrero USA released a statement ending action against the fan-made holiday.
“Ferrero would like to express its sincere gratitude to the developer of the page for her passion for Nutella, and extend that gratitude to all fans of World Nutella Day,” Ferrero USA said in an official statement. “Ferrero considers itself fortunate to have such devoted and loyal fans of its Nutella hazelnut spread.”
When shared on the holiday’s official Facebook page, fans responded with praise, thrilled they can celebrate again next year. Rosso also posted a reaction on the site’s homepage.
“I believe they were truly interested in resolving the situation in a way that preserved the spirit of the fan-run holiday,” Rosso said. “I’m satisfied with the turn of events, and I hope to celebrate many more World Nutella Days with you. See you on February 5th!”
In a Q&A Rosso answered on her website, she said she is not mad at Ferrero.
“Of course I wish it hadn’t happened in the first place, but I’m pleased at the speed of resolution and that the site and holiday will continue,” she said. “In my conversation with them, they seemed genuine about appreciating fans of Nutella.”
All is well again in the realm of hazelnut-chocolatey spreads.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts