Ferrero Cooperates with World Nutella Day Founder
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
After quite the scare on Tuesday, when Nutella father company Ferrero sent a cease-and-desist letter to Sara Rosso, founder of World Nutella Day, Ferrero USA released a statement ending action against the fan-made holiday.
“Ferrero would like to express its sincere gratitude to the developer of the page for her passion for Nutella, and extend that gratitude to all fans of World Nutella Day,” Ferrero USA said in an official statement. “Ferrero considers itself fortunate to have such devoted and loyal fans of its Nutella hazelnut spread.”
When shared on the holiday’s official Facebook page, fans responded with praise, thrilled they can celebrate again next year. Rosso also posted a reaction on the site’s homepage.
“I believe they were truly interested in resolving the situation in a way that preserved the spirit of the fan-run holiday,” Rosso said. “I’m satisfied with the turn of events, and I hope to celebrate many more World Nutella Days with you. See you on February 5th!”
In a Q&A Rosso answered on her website, she said she is not mad at Ferrero.
“Of course I wish it hadn’t happened in the first place, but I’m pleased at the speed of resolution and that the site and holiday will continue,” she said. “In my conversation with them, they seemed genuine about appreciating fans of Nutella.”
All is well again in the realm of hazelnut-chocolatey spreads.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts