Exercise Efficiently: Products to Eat Before and After Working Out
Recipe of the day
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
When it comes to exercising, there’s endless information out there about the best time to work out — when it’s best to do strength training, whether working out at night or in the morning promotes faster weight loss — but how does what you eat factor into the picture?
An intense exercise session can take a lot out of your body with regard to nutrients and energy — which means it’s ultra-important to consider the nutritional and dietary measures you’re taking to perform at your peak level before and after your workout. Take a look through this collection of food products designed especially for those looking to make the most of their fitness routines.
Like with any sport or high-energy activity, the key for fitness buffs is to eat something before and after working out. Many products are crafted to be enjoyed at a particular time, such as Gatorade G Series 01 Prime Energy Chews and PowerBar Recovery Bars — the first is meant to be eaten before exercising to boost energy and the second is meant to be eaten right after a workout to replenish nutrients and sustain energy levels.
Click through the slideshow for a more detailed look at what each of these food products does and to see how they’ll help boost you mentally and physically before and after you exercise.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts