- World Water Week begins
Exercise Efficiently: Products to Eat Before and After Working Out
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
When it comes to exercising, there’s endless information out there about the best time to work out — when it’s best to do strength training, whether working out at night or in the morning promotes faster weight loss — but how does what you eat factor into the picture?
An intense exercise session can take a lot out of your body with regard to nutrients and energy — which means it’s ultra-important to consider the nutritional and dietary measures you’re taking to perform at your peak level before and after your workout. Take a look through this collection of food products designed especially for those looking to make the most of their fitness routines.
Like with any sport or high-energy activity, the key for fitness buffs is to eat something before and after working out. Many products are crafted to be enjoyed at a particular time, such as Gatorade G Series 01 Prime Energy Chews and PowerBar Recovery Bars — the first is meant to be eaten before exercising to boost energy and the second is meant to be eaten right after a workout to replenish nutrients and sustain energy levels.
Click through the slideshow for a more detailed look at what each of these food products does and to see how they’ll help boost you mentally and physically before and after you exercise.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts