- Taco Day
Essential Pantry Ingredients for Baking
The Chew Co-Host gives his tips
Recipe of the day
- Fridge Intervention: 3 Easy Steps to Get Your Refrigerator Organized
- This Kickstarter Wants to Sell You a Super Fancy Chef’s Knife for Only $65
- These 5 Airbnb Kitchens Will Make You Book Your Trip Immediately
- Unusual Gadgets You Don’t Need (But Probably Want)
- Your Microwave Might Just Be Smarter Than You Are
Planning on baking cookies, cake, cupcakes, or pie? Making sure you have the essential tools for baking is a great start, but it's only half of the equation. To ensure you're ready to bake up a storm whenever the mood strikes, we've compiled a handy list of pantry staples to keep on hand.
To help compile this list, we've asked the avid bakers within our Culinary Content Network to sound off, in addition to consulting the folks at Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for some basic advice. While it may seem like an extensive list of items to shop for, if you plan on baking regularly in the future, having these items around the pantry can help keep future shopping lists nice and short.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts