Essential Pantry Ingredients for Baking
The Chew Co-Host gives his tips
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Planning on baking cookies, cake, cupcakes, or pie? Making sure you have the essential tools for baking is a great start, but it's only half of the equation. To ensure you're ready to bake up a storm whenever the mood strikes, we've compiled a handy list of pantry staples to keep on hand.
To help compile this list, we've asked the avid bakers within our Culinary Content Network to sound off, in addition to consulting the folks at Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for some basic advice. While it may seem like an extensive list of items to shop for, if you plan on baking regularly in the future, having these items around the pantry can help keep future shopping lists nice and short.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts