Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
Daily Value: 14%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||85µg||21%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||3g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
The combination of vegetables become silky, soft and utterly delicious when roasted. The optional chile flakes add a little kick, but feel free to leave them out if you want something more subtle. This dish goes wonderfully with any roast, fish or just on it's own.
- 10-12 fingerling or small potatoes, washed and sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 bunch of fresh carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch parnsips, peeled
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- Roughly 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 4-5 large sweet potatoes, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Good-quality sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch (or two) of red chile flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large foil-lined baking sheet or pan, combine all of the ingredients in the pan and combine well. Cover with alumninum foil (If you need to use two pans, then place one on the middle rack and one on the bottom, switching their positions halfway through cooking.)
Cook in the middle rack of the oven for about 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and soft. If you think they are cooking too quickly, then you can lower the heat a little.
Serves 6-8 as a side dishServings: 6
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).