- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Easy Macaroni and Cheese
Westside Market NYC
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, plus more for cooking the pasta
- One 16-ounce package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 Cup shredded Muenster
- 1 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Cup half-and-half
- 8 Ounces cubed processed cheese food
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
Who can resist a trio of melted cheeses nestled among soft, chewy noodles? Not many people. Homemade always beats store-bought, and this is especially true when it comes to mac and cheese. Try this simple recipe and taste the difference.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander and return to the pot.
Combine the cheeses in a large bowl. Stir 7 tablespoons of the melted butter into the macaroni. Add 1 ½ cups of the mixed cheeses, the half-and-half , processed cheese food, and eggs to the macaroni. Mix together and season with the salt and pepper.
Transfer to a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture on top and drizzle the remaining butter. Bake until hot and bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.