- Taco Day
9 Times Disney Characters Got Drunk
Recipe of the day
- Fox Is Cooking Up a ‘Soul Food’ Sequel with the Original Cast
- A Cartoon About Food Trucks Will Soon Be a Reality, Thanks to Margaret Cho and a Director of 'The Simpsons'
- There’s Now a Dating App for Bacon-Lovers Called Sizzl, Thanks to Oscar Meyer
- The 25 Best Colleges for Tailgating
- Adorable Raccoon Figures Out that the Best Way to Get Food from Humans Is to Knock On Their Door
Every kid looks up to their favorite Disney character. Whether we wanted Belle’s brains or Peter Pan’s bravery, we all admired them as the heroes and heroines of our generation. They were funny and smart and they always got their happy ending. And heck, even our parents loved the movies along with us… and now that we are all grown up, we know why.
Simply put: The team at Walt Disney Pictures is a bunch of comedic geniuses.
Revisit childhood and pop in an old Disney tape (oops, we meant DVD) and you’ll see what we mean. Disney is notorious for secretly slipping adult comedy into all of their films. Tons of innuendos and adult themes completely went over our heads as kids, and one thing Disney characters consistently did without us knowing was get a little tipsy.
Sure, we saw the hiccups and the bubbles and thought something was up, but we had no idea they had been tapping the keg! Don’t believe us that these guys were hitting the sauce pretty hard? We have proof! What did you think Gaston was drinking in that local tavern — root beer? We found nine more amazing scenes that show Disney had a real appreciation for a few drinks. Check out our slideshow to see which characters got a little tipsy on film!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts