Drool Over Krispy Kreme Donuts in the Making
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
Krispy Kreme turned 75 years old on July 13, so radio station WFAE decided to head over to their local Krispy Kreme in Matthews, N.C., and just shoot a video. The result? A 78-second tidbit showing you the dough being made, plopped out into donut shapes, sent through the fryer, and routed through a glazer. And the glorious footage is enough to make your mouth water (and dieters breakdown).
The complete process shown is entirely automated, so there isn't the romanticism of hand-making donuts by hand. The resulting video, however, is still drool-worthy, especially when all the little rings get doused in a waterfall of sugary coating. Now if only they'll give us a recipe. Watch the complete video below, and then run and go get a carb fix. You'll need it (with a side of sugar and maybe a glass of milk).
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts