Drool Over Krispy Kreme Donuts in the Making
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
Krispy Kreme turned 75 years old on July 13, so radio station WFAE decided to head over to their local Krispy Kreme in Matthews, N.C., and just shoot a video. The result? A 78-second tidbit showing you the dough being made, plopped out into donut shapes, sent through the fryer, and routed through a glazer. And the glorious footage is enough to make your mouth water (and dieters breakdown).
The complete process shown is entirely automated, so there isn't the romanticism of hand-making donuts by hand. The resulting video, however, is still drool-worthy, especially when all the little rings get doused in a waterfall of sugary coating. Now if only they'll give us a recipe. Watch the complete video below, and then run and go get a carb fix. You'll need it (with a side of sugar and maybe a glass of milk).
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts