Domino's iPad App Makes You a Pizza Hero
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Grant Achatz Is Opening Alinea Pop-Up Locations in Miami and Madrid
- Fancy French? Homey Delis? Red-Sauce Italian Joints? Say Goodbye to All of These and More
- David Burke fabrick Celebrates First Birthday with Special Menu
- Hooked on Cheese: Le Charme of Charm City
- Pete Wells Gives 3 Stars to Scandinavian Aquavit in Midtown Manhattan
In the latest marketing gimmick (counteracting Pizza Hut's 5,000-calorie dinner box press), Domino's has released their latest iPad app.
Called "Domino's Pizza Hero," users "make top quality pizzas by kneading dough, spreading sauce, sprinkling cheese, placing toppings, and more as they race against the clock." There's also a section where you pop air bubbles that form on the crust (we're pretty sure real employees don't do that).
Of course, with the user being a pizza hero and everything, the app assumes users will be hungry and has a "Make an Order" function, because games are no longer just for fun.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts