Divorce Plans Rumored for Paula Deen
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Rumors have been circulating that on top of the Paula Deen racism scandal and the devastation it's wreaked upon her Southern food empire, the butter-loving cooking personality may also be headed towards an ugly divorce from her husband, Michael Groover.
Apparently an unnamed "source" close to the couple told the National Enquirer that they were moving towards a $17 million divorce, which could get complicated as the couple has no prenup. The National Enquirer isn't known for being the most reliable news source, but as Perez Hilton points out, the Enquirer was the first publication to run the news about the deposition where Deen admitted to racist jokes and having used racially offensive language, so it might have an inside scoop on Deen's affairs.
"If they do divorce, Paula could have a real fight on her hands. Now that Paula has soiled his name, too, everyone fears it could be the final breaking point for their marriage," the source said, describing Deen's husband as a quiet Southerner who had trouble being in the limelight, though Deen's millions probably took the edge off that struggle a bit.
During the deposition, Deen specifically mentioned her husband as the source of some of the racist jokes in question, which might not have sat very well with Groover.
“Michael appears to be a laid-back Southern guy," the source said, "but Paula could be faced with a doozy of a divorce battle.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts