- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Divorce Plans Rumored for Paula Deen
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
Rumors have been circulating that on top of the Paula Deen racism scandal and the devastation it's wreaked upon her Southern food empire, the butter-loving cooking personality may also be headed towards an ugly divorce from her husband, Michael Groover.
Apparently an unnamed "source" close to the couple told the National Enquirer that they were moving towards a $17 million divorce, which could get complicated as the couple has no prenup. The National Enquirer isn't known for being the most reliable news source, but as Perez Hilton points out, the Enquirer was the first publication to run the news about the deposition where Deen admitted to racist jokes and having used racially offensive language, so it might have an inside scoop on Deen's affairs.
"If they do divorce, Paula could have a real fight on her hands. Now that Paula has soiled his name, too, everyone fears it could be the final breaking point for their marriage," the source said, describing Deen's husband as a quiet Southerner who had trouble being in the limelight, though Deen's millions probably took the edge off that struggle a bit.
During the deposition, Deen specifically mentioned her husband as the source of some of the racist jokes in question, which might not have sat very well with Groover.
“Michael appears to be a laid-back Southern guy," the source said, "but Paula could be faced with a doozy of a divorce battle.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts