Did Jessica Simpson Almost Name Her Baby 'Zinfandel'?
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Zinfandel: Great for making bold, dark red wines or the widely popular sweet, inexpensive blush wines. As a baby name? Eh, not so great.
Yet, according to one loose-lipped family friend of expectant mom Jessica Simpson, it's one of the "wacky" names she and fiancé Eric Johnson considered for their soon-to-be born daughter.
Fortunately for the celebutot, it appears as though her parents have come to their senses — reportedly opting for a name that doesn't lend itself to jokes about the kid growing up to be a wino. The friend tells In Touch, "They're going to call her Maxwell, Maxi for short."
Well, that's a relief. Still, the news of the bad celebrity baby name that almost was does raise an interesting question: Are there any grape varietals that would make for a good baby name? The folks over at Riverfront Times came up with their top 10 list, which included picks like merille and carménère.
What's your vote?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts