- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Delicious Things to Make with Leftover Coffee
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
One of the things that is always a problem in our house is leftover coffee. My husband makes a whole pot in the morning and there is nearly always at least a cup or two leftover. Lately I’ve been working on saving the coffee and using it for other things. Sometimes it is as simple as making coffee ice cubes. Other times I’ll use it to bake an awesome chocolate cake. Here are some of my favorite things to make with leftover coffee. Stop pouring it down the drain!
— TheNaptimeChef, Babble
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
There is no better way to highlight the flavor of chocolate than with coffee. Save some leftover brew to make these luscious chocolate cupcakes.
Use two cups of coffee and freeze it to make coffee granita. It is perfect for enjoying later in the day or the next morning when it is too hot to turn on the coffee maker!
Coffee Almond Ice Cream
Extra espresso? No problem, make a delicious batch of cold coffee almond ice cream.
Keep leftover coffee in the fridge for the rest of the morning. When you need a tasty caffeine boost in the afternoon, whip up this cold milkshake infused with fresh coffee.
Coffee Ice Cubes
One of the fastest things to do with coffee is pour it into ice cube trays and save it for later. Use them to chill your iced coffee without diluting it.
More From Babble:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts