Del Taco Cashier Stabs Customer Over Order Mix-Up
Recipe of the day
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
The epidemic of fast-food order rage continues this morning, as police have arrested a suspect in Hemet, Calif., after a stabbing occurred over a mixed-up order at a Del Taco outlet there.
This case breaks the mold, however, in that it was a Del Taco employee who did the stabbing, and not an overreacting customer.
Twenty-eight-year-old cashier Gabriel Villalba has been arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after stabbing a man in the stomach. According to CBS, the sheriff’s department said the incident began when a customer complained to Villalba about a mistake with his Del Taco order, and escalated until the point where Villalba whipped out a knife and stabbed the man in the stomach with it.
The man’s friends drove him to a nearby hospital, and KTLA.com is reporting that his injury was considered serious, but he’s not considered likely to succumb to it.
Next time someone messes up a takeout order, just eat it anyway.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts