Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos Looking to Open New York City Restaurant
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Debi Mazar might be best known for her acting roles in films including Goodfellas and TV shows including Entourage, but since 2011 she’s hosted a show on Cooking Channel called Extra Virgin, along with husband Gabriele Corcos, a Florentine musician and cook (since 2007 they also hosted an online cooking show called Under the Tuscan Gun). And while they haven’t yet taken the next step and opened a restaurant of their own, it appears as if they’re making the preparations to do just that, in New York City.
As fans of their show would know, the couple recently moved to Brooklyn, N.Y. Rumors have been swirling recently that the couple has been eyeing spaces in the Park Slope area, namely the sprawling, prime space last occupied by Italian restaurant Fornino, on Fifth Avenue between Garfield and Carroll Streets. A source who prefers to remain anonymous confirmed that the couple has been in “serious negotiations” with the landlord.
We reached out to Corcos for comment via Twitter, and he replied, "I’m looking around ;-)." That’s certainly no confirmation, but enough to pique our interest. Stay tuned…
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts