Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos Looking to Open New York City Restaurant
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Debi Mazar might be best known for her acting roles in films including Goodfellas and TV shows including Entourage, but since 2011 she’s hosted a show on Cooking Channel called Extra Virgin, along with husband Gabriele Corcos, a Florentine musician and cook (since 2007 they also hosted an online cooking show called Under the Tuscan Gun). And while they haven’t yet taken the next step and opened a restaurant of their own, it appears as if they’re making the preparations to do just that, in New York City.
As fans of their show would know, the couple recently moved to Brooklyn, N.Y. Rumors have been swirling recently that the couple has been eyeing spaces in the Park Slope area, namely the sprawling, prime space last occupied by Italian restaurant Fornino, on Fifth Avenue between Garfield and Carroll Streets. A source who prefers to remain anonymous confirmed that the couple has been in “serious negotiations” with the landlord.
We reached out to Corcos for comment via Twitter, and he replied, "I’m looking around ;-)." That’s certainly no confirmation, but enough to pique our interest. Stay tuned…
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts