David Beckham Drops Out of Gordon Ramsay Restaurant
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Weekend at Gurney’s
Hold up: Gordon Ramsay and David Beckham's joint project Union Street Café is slated to open next week, but it turns out that Beckham is no longer part of the equation.
The Mirror reports that Beckham left the project some two weeks ago, because, as one source said, "They may be best friends, but they are also very astute businessmen and both wanted different things."
What they wanted is unsure, but it seems like the two parted on amicable terms. "They both talked long and hard and have decided not to work together on this occasion," the source told the Mirror.
The power duo's collaboration was bound to make splashes; the two names brought in some 1,200 reservations within the first 30 minutes of launching their website. Losing Beckham might decrease that number, but Ramsay's culinary name will most likely keep the project moving forward. And if all else fails, there's that rumored pie-and-mash shop to bring the two back together.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts