David Beckham Reportedly Opening 'Pie and Mash' Chain with Gordon Ramsay
Recipe of the day
- You Can Actually Send Taco Emojis Now (Sort Of)
- Food Network Adds 24 New Shows This Year, Including ‘Deep Fried America’ and ‘Bobby Flay Fit’
- Pippa Middleton Under Fire for Eating Whale Meat, Which Is Illegal in the UK
- 20 Most Influential Moms in Food
- The James Beard Awards Aren’t Coming Back to New York Any Time Soon
Business wise, this makes perfect sense, seeing as the Beckham and Ramsay names are definitely draws; their joint project Union Street Cafe received 1,200 reservations in the first 30 minutes last Wednesday.
According to an unnamed source, "[Beckham is] a great cook and has learned how to do French and Italian over the years but his favorite is British. He loves a pie," the Mirror reports. According to the Independent, the duo registered the name "PM (Pie and Mash) Restaurant" with the Intellectual Property Office in 2010. Now the pair is reportedly scouting locations, according to the Mirror.
More unnamed "friends of David" told the Independent that Beckham is looking to launch the chain in London, then expand it worldwide. "David and Gordon agree there's a gap in the market and they want to bring it to the rest of the world," the Independent reports. Perhaps that'll be that Vegas concept they denied earlier this year?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts