- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Crumbs Bake Shop Debuts Cronut Knockoff
CrumbsCrumbs has released their newest product, the Crumbnut.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
Despite the news that the Cronut line outside Dominique Ansel's bakery is reportedly shorter in the post-summer season, we still don't want to brave a line of Cronut lovers who have gotten a second wind.
Enter: Crumbs Bake Shop, one of the few chains that has somehow figured out how to mass-produce the Cronut. Granted, Crumbs is a bit smaller than, say, Dunkin' Donuts, but the new Crumbnuts are available in the New York Tri-State area as well as Los Angeles.
"This delicious hybrid of a donut-shaped pastry with the consistency of a flaky croissant can be served plain with powdered sugar or filled with decadent Bavarian cream," for $2.95 (and, as the press release notes, without the hourlong wait). (Try two hours.) Word is the chain is testing it out in these two markets before a potential nationwide expansion. Personally, we think Crumbs should just made a croissant cupcake, but this works, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts