- Taco Day
Crazy Ways to Get Your Caffeine Fix
Recipe of the day
- Hillary Clinton Does Not Like to Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- 5 Global Ways to Enjoy Iced Coffee
- 10 Fall Drinks to Order at Your Favorite Coffee Chains
- UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey Used to Fight Strangers So She Could Buy Starbucks Frappuccinos
- Mom Responds to Women Who Made Fun of Her at Tim Hortons by Paying It Forward
While a double-shot of espresso might be just the thing to snap us out of our midday lulls (and post-lunch food comas), the world seems to have other plans.
expected to be worth $21.5 billion by 2017, jumping from $12.5 billion in 2012.
The caffeine influx doesn't stop there; the stimulant has infiltrated all sorts of products, from candy to gum to alcohol. But let's not get too crazy, guys; the Mayo Clinic says that 200 to 300 milligrams of caffeine a day isn't harmful for most adults, but more than 500 milligrams can cause some complications.
So to help you figure out just how to replace a daily cup of coffee, we've rounded up nine crazy ways to get your caffeine fix, comparing them to a standard cup of coffee (85 milligrams) so you can get your fill of candy or hot sauce with a little jolt to power through.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts