- Alton Brown born (1962)
Cooking Light’s Best Neighborhood Chef Award is Up for Voting
Recipe of the day
- A ‘Breaking Bad’-Inspired Coffee Shop Exists in Turkey, and They Have It Down to a Science
- 9 Foods Americans Miss Most When Traveling and Living Abroad
- World’s Oldest Panda in Captivity Celebrates Her 37th Birthday with a Birthday Cake
- This Nebraska Restaurant Is Famous for Feeding Fried Chicken to Swarms of Raccoons Every Night
- What’s It Like Eating at the Highest Restaurant in the World?
Yesterday, Cooking Light announced their finalist for the Best Neighborhood Chef category in their third annual 2013 Trailblazing Chef Awards. The winner will appear in he November 2013 issue of the magazine.
The Cooking Light editors chose the finalists regionally, but the magazine is now letting the fans make the final decision. Consumers can vote on the Cooking Light Facebook page from June 17 to July 1 for their favorite local chef.
These ten finalists were chosen because they are standout local chefs from neighborhood restaurants. The restaurants and chefs serve as an important part of the culture of the community. The combination of local value and delicious food will determine the winner.
The finalists are from all over the country. Notable contenders include Ned and Jodi Elliott from Foreign and Domestic in Austin, Sohui Kim from The Good Fork in Brooklyn, and Joel Mahr from Lot 2 in Omaha.
For a full list of finalist and to cast your vote, visit the magazine’s Facebook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts