Cooking Light’s Best Neighborhood Chef Award is Up for Voting
Recipe of the day
- How People Celebrate Mother’s Day Around the World
- ‘Nearly Disastrous Plunge’ of Serbian President’s Plane Blamed on Co-Pilot’s Coffee Spill
- EU Gives Thailand 6 Months to Stop Illegal Fishing Practices or Face Costly Import Ban
- The 10 Companies That Produce 90 Percent Of Our Food
- Which Hot Sauce Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
Yesterday, Cooking Light announced their finalist for the Best Neighborhood Chef category in their third annual 2013 Trailblazing Chef Awards. The winner will appear in he November 2013 issue of the magazine.
The Cooking Light editors chose the finalists regionally, but the magazine is now letting the fans make the final decision. Consumers can vote on the Cooking Light Facebook page from June 17 to July 1 for their favorite local chef.
These ten finalists were chosen because they are standout local chefs from neighborhood restaurants. The restaurants and chefs serve as an important part of the culture of the community. The combination of local value and delicious food will determine the winner.
The finalists are from all over the country. Notable contenders include Ned and Jodi Elliott from Foreign and Domestic in Austin, Sohui Kim from The Good Fork in Brooklyn, and Joel Mahr from Lot 2 in Omaha.
For a full list of finalist and to cast your vote, visit the magazine’s Facebook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts