ConAgra Food Giant Hits the Streets
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
ConAgra boasts its products can be found in 97 percent of America’s households. It owns brands such as Marie Callender’s, Slim Jim, Peter Pan peanut butter, and PAM cooking spray — none of which scream cool, fresh street food.
Supposedly, employees at ConAgra Foods become interested in the street food movement, and went out of their way to travel to Los Angeles, New York City, and Miami to check out and taste the popular food trucks there. Then they began planning their own.
The menu on the truck claims “Global Grub” with cutesy names such as “Walk the Lime” and “Don’t Lose Your Tempura.” Wicked Kitchen’s website fails to mention if the food prepared on the truck comes from ConAgra products (processed and/or frozen) or if they are actually making the food from scratch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts