ConAgra Food Giant Hits the Streets
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
ConAgra boasts its products can be found in 97 percent of America’s households. It owns brands such as Marie Callender’s, Slim Jim, Peter Pan peanut butter, and PAM cooking spray — none of which scream cool, fresh street food.
Supposedly, employees at ConAgra Foods become interested in the street food movement, and went out of their way to travel to Los Angeles, New York City, and Miami to check out and taste the popular food trucks there. Then they began planning their own.
The menu on the truck claims “Global Grub” with cutesy names such as “Walk the Lime” and “Don’t Lose Your Tempura.” Wicked Kitchen’s website fails to mention if the food prepared on the truck comes from ConAgra products (processed and/or frozen) or if they are actually making the food from scratch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts