- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Coffee Machine Powered by Yawns
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
Let's just say that some of us don't really drink coffee for the caffeine (or, only for the caffeine), but sometimes, Mondays just require a little extra jolt. So we would definitely appreciate this coffee vending machine that uses yawns as payment, as opposed to real money (yay for struggling journalists everywhere).
CNET brings us this Douwe Egberts coffee machine, which was placed at the O.R. Tambo International Airport in South Africa, armed not with credit card readers but with facial recognition software. When a weary traveler stood in front of the machine and yawned, they were rewarded with a cup of coffee. Sweet.
Overall, Douwe Egberts gave away 210 cups of coffee, and as a marketing stunt, probably won a couple of returning customers. We wonder if our company will invest in one for the office; this reporter can yawn on cue thanks to years of wearing contacts, so that would mean free coffee for life. We will also accept this hugging Coca-Cola machine.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts