Chopped Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
Daily Value: 1%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Fat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs
|Folic Acid (B9)||3µg||1%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Serve this salsa Mexicana, also known as pico de gallo, alone with corn chips or as a party of a custom guacamole bar.
- ½ medium white onion, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 1-2 serranos or 1 small jalapeño, to taste, stemmed, seeded (if you wish), and finely chopped
- 12 ounces (about 2 medium-small round or 4-5 plum) red-ripe tomatoes, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons loosely packed, chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
Scoop the onion into a strainer, rinse under cold tap water, shake off the excess and transfer to a medium bowl. Add enough serranos to your liking, as well as the tomatoes, cilantro, and lime. Stir well, taste and season with salt, usually about ½ teaspoon. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Makes 1 ½ cupsServings: 12