Chipotle Co-Brewing Beers for Cultivate Festivals
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
Chipotle is really getting into the booze business these days. Along with launching their craft beer program and a house-made margarita, the fast-casual Mexican food company is collaborating with three breweries to create special brews for the Chipotle Cultivate Festivals in San Francisco, Denver, and Chicago.
The three beers will be brewed specifically for each festival, although all will be saison-styled. In San Francisco, Speakeasy Ales & Lagers has created a hazy, fruit saison that has notes of elderflower, using Belgian Pilsner, Pale, and Canadian Honey malts. The festival takes place June 8, with musical guest Mayer Hawthorne and chef Michael Chiarello.
For Denver, the Great Divide Brewing Company created a saison with black peppercorn and sweet orange peel. In Chicago, Five Rabbit Cerveceria brewed a deep golden saison with flaked rye and Mexican honey.
Sadly, a representative notes that these are exclusively available at Cultivate festivals, which means even Chipotles with craft beer menus won't be pouring them.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts