- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Chick-fil-A, Starbucks Rated Highest for Customer Experience
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Why, Wylie?’ Wylie Dufresne Is Closing Alder at the End of the Summer
- Woman Told to Eat Outside or Leave for Bringing Her Service Dog Into a Restaurant
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
Man, Hardee's really needs that Kate Upton commercial; a recent study from the Temkin Group found that while Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, and Subway topped consumer experience ratings, Hardee's was rated only "OK" with a 64 percent grade.
The research group surveyed 10,000 consumers about 206 companies. Of 17 fast-food chains, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, and Subway topped the charts with a total 80 percent rating for customer experience (right between "Good" and "Excellent.") Sonic received an overall 78 percent, while McDonald's ranked number 13 with 71 percent.
Starbucks and Subway were also deemed the most "Functional," which we take to mean efficient, while Subway was considered the most accessible.
Meanwhile, Chick-fil-A and Starbucks had the highest "Emotional" rating (74 and 73 percent, respectively), while Hardee's had the lowest (49 percent). We imagine that Upton's prominent cleavage in Hardee's recent commercial will up the emotional impact of the brand, don't you think?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts