- Todd English born (1960)
Cherry Chocolate Almond Smoothie
We get a smoothie that is the best of both worlds - delicious AND healthy!
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
We all want to believe that chocolate can be healthy. But SPE Certified's Natalia Hancock has a new recipe to incorporate everyone's favorite item into a filling, delicious smoothie that is actually good for you. With chia seeds, protein powder, and almonds, the smoothie packs a punch on the nutrition side while incoporating cocoa powder and cherries for some sweetness without any added sugar.
Watch the video above to see Hancock explain the virtues of this chocolate concoction or follow the recipe below!
Chocolate Cherry Almond Smoothie
Blend the following ingredients:
1 cup cherries, frozen and pitted
3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon almonds, raw
1 scoop (24g) protein powder
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 drops almond extract
Nutrition: 301 calories, 19g protein, 12g Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 380mg Omega 3, 40g Carb, 11g Fiber, 199mg Sodium, 916mg Potassium
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts