Cherry Chocolate Almond Smoothie
We get a smoothie that is the best of both worlds - delicious AND healthy!
Recipe of the day
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
We all want to believe that chocolate can be healthy. But SPE Certified's Natalia Hancock has a new recipe to incorporate everyone's favorite item into a filling, delicious smoothie that is actually good for you. With chia seeds, protein powder, and almonds, the smoothie packs a punch on the nutrition side while incoporating cocoa powder and cherries for some sweetness without any added sugar.
Watch the video above to see Hancock explain the virtues of this chocolate concoction or follow the recipe below!
Chocolate Cherry Almond Smoothie
Blend the following ingredients:
1 cup cherries, frozen and pitted
3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon almonds, raw
1 scoop (24g) protein powder
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 drops almond extract
Nutrition: 301 calories, 19g protein, 12g Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 380mg Omega 3, 40g Carb, 11g Fiber, 199mg Sodium, 916mg Potassium
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts