Chefs at Home: Suzanne Tracht's California Country Kitchen
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Jean-Georges and Marja Vongerichten's New York high-rise apartment might be all cool glass, modernist designs, and waterfront views, but out in suburban Los Angeles, Suzanne Tracht's kitchen brings in the sunshine, flowers, and antiques.
We stopped by the Jar chef's Beverlywood home over Presidents' Day weekend as she prepared a little feast for a few friends, including Jar bartender Margo Tyler. The open kitchen, sans island, makes working with multiple people in the kitchen that much easier, although counter space is pretty sacred. And while Tracht chose to keep most of the original kitchen intact, she swapped out a standard kitchen stove for a vintage four-burner range. "It's my baby," she says of the stove.
Click through our slideshow to see Tracht's homey kitchen, where family, friends, and of course, four dogs can somehow all magically fit. And since Tracht has four lovable dogs, there are more than enough bonus puppy shots (not to mention plenty of food porn).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts