Chef Ford Fry to Preview New Atlanta Restaurant in New York
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
On Feb. 7, chef Ford Fry, the force behind powerhouse Atlanta restaurants The Optimist, JCT Kitchen, and No. 246, will be taking over the kitchen at "culinary salon" City Grit to preview the menu for his next Atlanta endeavor, King + Duke.
The seafood-forward The Optimist was named "Best New Restaurant" by Esquire Magazine last year, and Fry has been making waves with his unique brand of Southern farmstead cooking. This is a one-night-only opportunity to sample the cooking of the acclaimed chef without venturing south of Prince Street.
Here’s a peak at the menu:
1st Course: Amuse
Timmy Stubbs Brunswick shrimp "pan roast," sunchokes, pickled Ellijay apples
2nd Course: Roasted Beets
Local coal-roasted beets and oak grilled carrots, smoked Robiola cheese, Meyer lemon meringue
3rd Course: North Georgia Trout
North Georgia trout, Joe’s bacon, crispy potato salad, smoked roe, brown butter vinaigrette
4th Course: Slow-Roasted Short Rib
Rib-eye wood-roast, slow-smoked short rib, mushroom of the moment, black cabbage
5th Course: Meyer Lemon Parfait
Meyer lemon parfait, confit zest, buttered ice box cookies
The menu at King + Duke will be inspired by the Colonial American tavern, heavy on meats roasted over a wood-burning fire. The meal at City Grit costs $95 per person with beer and wine available for purchase, and will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts