- Todd English born (1960)
Chef Bee Leaves Khong River House in Miami Beach
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Chef Bee, whose full name is Piyarat Potha Arreratn, announced the split on Friday without citing a specific reason for his departure. It appears the split was not amicable, with 50 Eggs Restaurant Group owner John Kunkel remarking that “Chef Bee was no longer acting as a part of the family,” in a statement he released regarding the split.
Khong River House was a semifinalist for Best New Restaurant in 2013 by the James Beard Foundation, and though many could argue the establishment was centered on Arreratn, 50 Eggs insists that there is a “talented team of chefs trained in traditional Thai cooking methods tirelessly working behind the scenes.”
Chef Bee is returning to Oishi Thai, a restaurant he opened in 2005 but rarely spent time at since he began working at Khong.
He has employed his mother to work with him in the kitchen, who arrived from Thailand and plans to spend the next four years cooking with him.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts