Cast of '21 Jump Street' Parties with Moonshine
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
When the movie trailer includes shots of Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill rolling kegs out of a liquor store, it's probably safe to assume that the 21 Jump Street movie — and cast — is down to imbibe a little. What one cast member revealed, however, was their drink of choice during downtime: moonshine.
Jake Johnson, cast member of the comedy and FOX's hit show New Girl, said to US Weekly that the crew's happy hours were a boozy adventure. "There were jars of moonshine, and everybody had their hands in them," Johnson said to the magazine. "It was brutal!" At least Johnson could recover in a hotel room, but Hill's shooting schedule made hangovers a little more painful.
Mooonshine, known for its home-grown roots — and deadly potency — is already being hailed as a new trending drink for 2012. Fortunately, there are classier ways to get a taste of the 'shine: Try a juniper shine or rose moon for your next party. Who knows, maybe you'll have a helluva night like Tatum and Hill.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts