Bravo Developing Cola Wars Period Drama
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
In addition to creating a scripted drama based off '80s cult flick Heathers, it looks like Bravo is taking a cue from AMC and is developing a period drama based on the "Cola Wars" of the 1980s.
While there won't be any '60s hot style ('80s fashion was kind of a hot mess, no offense), the Cola Wars, where Pepsi and Coca-Cola faced off in marketing campaigns, should be a pretty contentious subject, especially among Diet Coke fans.
The project, Deadline reports, is produced by Universal TV with former reality TV guy Andrew Hogel, from Flipping Out and Interior Therapy. And if you're still scratching your head about why they would create a period drama, here's a look at some classic '80s soda commercials (thanks Grub Street). Please note Coke's noticably more upbeat commercial, plus the world premiere of Diet Coke, and Michael Jackson's involvement, when he accidentally caught on fire during filming. Plenty to work off of, truth be told.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts