- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Bravo Developing Cola Wars Period Drama
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
In addition to creating a scripted drama based off '80s cult flick Heathers, it looks like Bravo is taking a cue from AMC and is developing a period drama based on the "Cola Wars" of the 1980s.
While there won't be any '60s hot style ('80s fashion was kind of a hot mess, no offense), the Cola Wars, where Pepsi and Coca-Cola faced off in marketing campaigns, should be a pretty contentious subject, especially among Diet Coke fans.
The project, Deadline reports, is produced by Universal TV with former reality TV guy Andrew Hogel, from Flipping Out and Interior Therapy. And if you're still scratching your head about why they would create a period drama, here's a look at some classic '80s soda commercials (thanks Grub Street). Please note Coke's noticably more upbeat commercial, plus the world premiere of Diet Coke, and Michael Jackson's involvement, when he accidentally caught on fire during filming. Plenty to work off of, truth be told.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts