- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Bravo Developing Cola Wars Period Drama
Recipe of the day
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
- These People Completely Recreated the Simpsons Kitchen in Their Own Home
- 6 Foods That Can Clean Your House
- Are These the Worst Food Tattoos Ever?
In addition to creating a scripted drama based off '80s cult flick Heathers, it looks like Bravo is taking a cue from AMC and is developing a period drama based on the "Cola Wars" of the 1980s.
While there won't be any '60s hot style ('80s fashion was kind of a hot mess, no offense), the Cola Wars, where Pepsi and Coca-Cola faced off in marketing campaigns, should be a pretty contentious subject, especially among Diet Coke fans.
The project, Deadline reports, is produced by Universal TV with former reality TV guy Andrew Hogel, from Flipping Out and Interior Therapy. And if you're still scratching your head about why they would create a period drama, here's a look at some classic '80s soda commercials (thanks Grub Street). Please note Coke's noticably more upbeat commercial, plus the world premiere of Diet Coke, and Michael Jackson's involvement, when he accidentally caught on fire during filming. Plenty to work off of, truth be told.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts