Bourdain Promos New CNN Show, 'Parts Unknown'
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Anthony Bourdain might have wrapped up his final season of No Reservations, but he's obviously working on more for his new home, CNN. Bourdain and his crew dropped a teaser for his upcoming CNN travel show, Parts Unknown, prone to many sexual jokes but still fitting. In the teaser, Bourdain trashes "cheesy tour guides" and all-inclusive day spas, saying, of course, that he prefers grittier, more exciting and individualistic opportunities.
"Traveling is going to parts unknown, sharing a pipe with a shaman as the sun comes up over a 3,000-year-old ruin," Bourdain says in the teaser.
Notably missing from the teaser? Food porn shots, making us think the show might be more travel- and adventure-focused than No Reservations. And as Grub Street notes, there isn't a Cadillac in sight. Bourdain will be on Piers Morgan's show tonight at 9 p.m. to dish on what to expect from Parts Unknown, although we're also interested to hear about Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's cooking competition show, The Taste. Watch the teaser below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts