- First electric stove patented (1896)
Black Bean, Avocado, Brown Rice, and Chicken Wrap
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cup low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Four 10-inch whole-wheat wraps
- 1 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Superfast and satisfying, this bean and rice wrap is one of our favorites. It’s also great for a make-your-own-burrito night with the kids. Just put all the ingredients in little bowls and let them get creative with toppings like chicken and rice.
Place the salt, pepper, beans, chili powder, cumin, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl and toss to combine.
Place 1 wrap on a clean work surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of the rice onto the bottom of the wrap. Add 1/3 cup of the bean mixture, 2 ounces of the chicken, and ¼ cup of the carrot, then top with about 1 tablespoon of the avocado and 2 tablespoons of the tomato.
Seal the wrap, slice in ½, and serve immediately with hot sauce on the side, if desired.