Birth of a Vineyard
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Burgundians are fond of the word climat, which, in essence, is a small vineyard definable only by the sky above and the earth below and the vines in between. As a wine writer, I have been privileged to walk in some of the world’s most-famous climats, such as Le Montrachet and Clos Vougeot, and to see them as the farmer sees them and then to drink wine from them made by that farmer or someone in her or his family. It’s a thrilling experience.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts