- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Bid on Dinner with Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali to Help Sandy Victims
Molto Mario talks about his expansion plans and how he's enjoying The Chew
Recipe of the day
- Famed Hamptons Chef, Author Anna Pump Dies at 81
- Chef Harold Moore on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, His New Lincoln Center Restaurant
- Josh Capon on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, Judging the Burger Bash, and Topping His Burger
- Anne Burrell on What it Takes to Be a ‘Worst Cook in America’
- Nigella Lawson Says She Hates the Terms ‘Clean Eating’ and ‘Healthy Food’
What's that? An evening feeling worse about yourself as Gwyneth Paltrow talks about $425 juice cleanses and being married to Chris Martin sounds perfect to you?
Well, now you can bid on a dinner with Paltrow and her BFF Mario Batali for a good cause (all joking aside, Hurricane Sandy relief is a very worthy cause).
Paltrow has donated her and Batali's presence for a dinner to benefit the CFDA and Vogue's Fashion for Sandy Relief, and although the date will be set to accomodate the bidder's schedule, the dinner, as Charitybuzz notes, "may take up to one year to schedule based on availability."
Currently, the bid is $5,250, and there are 21 days left to bid. The auction ends Dec. 5 at 4 p.m. ET, and there isn't any word on where the dinner may be, although we sincerely hope it's at Del Posto.
In other news, Scarpetta locations across the country (plus Toronto) and D.O.C.G. Enoteca in Las Vegas are offering $80 and $114 tasting menus, with $20 of each menu purchase going to City Harvest to provide food for Sandy relief. It's cheaper than $5,000, but sans the celebrity conversations.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts