Bid on Dinner with Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali to Help Sandy Victims
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
What's that? An evening feeling worse about yourself as Gwyneth Paltrow talks about $425 juice cleanses and being married to Chris Martin sounds perfect to you?
Well, now you can bid on a dinner with Paltrow and her BFF Mario Batali for a good cause (all joking aside, Hurricane Sandy relief is a very worthy cause).
Paltrow has donated her and Batali's presence for a dinner to benefit the CFDA and Vogue's Fashion for Sandy Relief, and although the date will be set to accomodate the bidder's schedule, the dinner, as Charitybuzz notes, "may take up to one year to schedule based on availability."
Currently, the bid is $5,250, and there are 21 days left to bid. The auction ends Dec. 5 at 4 p.m. ET, and there isn't any word on where the dinner may be, although we sincerely hope it's at Del Posto.
In other news, Scarpetta locations across the country (plus Toronto) and D.O.C.G. Enoteca in Las Vegas are offering $80 and $114 tasting menus, with $20 of each menu purchase going to City Harvest to provide food for Sandy relief. It's cheaper than $5,000, but sans the celebrity conversations.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts