The Best Vegan Salad Dressings
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The right dressing can really take your salad to the next level — both in terms of taste and nutrition! After all, without the dressing, a salad is technically just a bowl of plain vegetables.
If that’s your thing, more power to you. But if you enjoy a tangy balsamic vinaigrette, a creamy vegan ranch, or a flavorful French dressing, you’re in luck.
Recent studies have found that certain salad dressings also impart important health benefits, in addition to adding flavor. Last summer, a study came out showing that dressings with a moderate fat content actually help you absorb the nutrients from vegetables. So don’t be afraid to add a dash of healthy, monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat to your salad in the form of (plant-based) oil or creamy avocado-dressings!
More From One Green Planet:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts