Best Songs to Bake To
These tunes will have you swaying to the beat of your stand mixer
Think all you need for your baking project is a stand mixer and your apron? Think again. Just like how baking can be therapeutic, the tunes you work along to can help you reach that zen place in the kitchen. Whether it's getting you in the mood, offering some guidance, or just giving a hint of inspiration, a good playlist can be your best secret weapon to a successful run at baking.
To get you in the mood for some baking, we’ve put together the ultimate line up of tunes that will have you measuring, mixing, and pouring to an uplifting and encouraging beat. These sweet and hypnotic tunes will give you something else to smile along with all of the sugar and icing, and they'll have you whistling and humming while your sweets bake away in the oven. Check out our playlist on Spotify and copy our list below:
- I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) — The Four Tops
- Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns In Bed — Kinky Friedman
- Good Lovin’ — The Young Rascals
- Love You Madly — Cake
- Stir It Up — Bob Marley & The Wailers
- The Candy Man — Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Pure Imagination — Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Soundtrack
- Midnight at the Oasis — Maria Muldaur
- Strawberry Swing — Coldplay
- Candy Girl — New Edition
- The Muffin Man — The Countdown Kids
- I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl — Nina Simone
- Cookie Jar — Jack Johnson
Anne Dolce is the Cook editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @anniecdolce
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).